An article was written in your local newspaper about lifespan management and the laws protecting long-term care populations. The article ends with this question: “Does the law do enough?”
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word letter to the editor answering the question from the perspective of someone working in the lifespan management field. In your letter:
- Analyze the relationship between laws and census management. Consider the following:
- Admissions and discharge
- Risk management
- The differences at the local, state, and federal level
- Determine what lifespan management services are required by law. Consider the following:
- The differences between services and activities of daily living
- The roles and responsibilities of the lifespan management team as governed by local, state, and federal authorities
- Describe laws protecting lifespan management populations.
- Consider the differences of private, nonprofit, and public entities.
Include your opinion on what should or should not be changed in the laws to best protect populations needing lifespan management services.