his semester, our Final Project is Rock-n-Roll Show-n-Tell.
The goal of this activity is to see how questions about communication and citizenship are interlaced with popular culture and everyday life.
- Each student will present an individual Show-n-Tell project to the class on the discussion page.
- Each student will also need to submit your Show-n-Tell to the corresponding dropbox
- The topic to present is a rock-n-roll song, with ideas related to communication and citizenship.
- Includes a summary of how the song speaks to our course content on 21st century citizenship, from weeks 12 through 15.
- Rock-n-Roll, Show-n-Tell projects are due in week 16, in two places:
- the Week 16 Rock-n-Roll Show-n-Tell Final Project page and
- the Week 17 Rock-n-Roll Show-n-Tell Discussion page
Step One: Select A Song
- Select a song related to the course content from weeks 12 through 15
- strong democracy, dr. King, or immigration concepts
Step Two: Written Summary for Class
Create a Summary for your Song, including:
- the complete song lyrics for your song
- a brief introduction of the band and your song
- an explanation of how your song relates to specific course content covered.
- be sure to reference three (3) specific course concepts
- give specific examples
- 2 interesting questions for the class about your “Rock-n-Roll, Show-n-Tell” project.
- be sure the questions relate your song to specific course concepts about communication and citizenship
- 2 images related to your song, course content, or your summary.
- If necessary, attach your images to an MS Word Office 2003 document (.doc format) or and MS Power Point Office 2003 document (.ppt format) to your thread.
- The written summary itself should be approximately two to three (2 to 3) pages long – no more!
- (Imagine an MS Word document, double-spaced).
- Images do not contribute to the required two pages of written content.
- Song Lyrics do not contribute to the required page content
Please note, while this activity is called “rock-n-roll” show-n-tell,
all genres of music are welcome.
This assignment is a hoot!
Get creative and have some fun.
Assessment: Rock-n-Roll Show-n-Tell Grading Rubric
Your Show-n-Tell Must:
- Include all required summary items
- Make solid connections to course content
- Display appropriate, thought-provoking images
- Be a critical examination of the song in relation to course content
- reference three (3) course concepts from weeks 12 through 15
- Meet page requirements on written portion, 2 to 3 pages
- Offer thoughtful questions to the class
- Be posted on the discussion page, on time
- Submitted in the dropbox, on time
- Have a fun, creative interpretation of project
|Rock-n-Roll Show-n-Tell Grading Rubric
Minimal, 0 – 69 points
Average, 70 – 79 points
Competent, 80 – 89 points
Above Average, 90 – 100 points