Paper #1:Magazine article summary:
This summary should be 2–3 pages long and must have a copy of the article attached to the summary or send the link.Be aware that sending the link does not count as proper APA documentation.MAKE sure to send the complete APA citation. Failure to send the link AND/OR include a Reference page WILL result in a “0” for the assignment.
1. Select 1 magazine article dealing with any sociological concept or issue. The article may be selected only from: Newsweek, Time Magazine, National Geographic, or US News and World Report.
2. Summarize the main points of the article using your own words
3. Identify the sociological concepts that are involved in the article you select
4. Give your thoughts on the implication these concepts are having, or will have on our society.
5. Explain what interested you about the article and/ or what you learned.
The article is worth 40 points and is due at by 11:55 pm by the following date: Wednesday, 6/17.
NO PAPER ASSIGNMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED BEYOND THIS DATE AND TIME.
YOU WILL RECEIVE A “0” FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IF YOUR MAGAZINE ARTICLE DOES NOT COME FROM ONE OF THE MAGAZINES LISTED ABOVE.
YOU WILL RECEIVE A “0” FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IF YOU DO NOT USE IN-TEXT CITATIONS WHEN NECESSARY AND/OR YOU DO NOT PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR ARTICLE (OR THE ARTICLE ITSELF), AND/OR YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A REFERENCE PAGE (PROPERLY CITED). If you are not familiar with creating citations in APA format you may wish to review the APA citation resource guide I posted in Moodle, or visit http://owl.english.purdue.edu or any of the numerous other online resources that are available. Additionally, you may stop by the Tutoring Center on either campus or use the SmartThinking online tutoring service for assistance.