Discussion 1 (Psyc4100)
After reading this week’s introduction, respond to the following:
- Explain new trends in psychological thought that you read about that might apply particularly well to immigrants.
- Provide evidence that might support your choice.
- Describe areas of psychology that need more focus to better help diverse populations. Support your answer.
Congratulations, you have come to the end of this course! Take a few moments to reflect on what you accomplished over the last 10 weeks, and how the concepts presented in this course can benefit you personally and professionally. Then, respond to the following prompts:
- How have you applied one or more of the course concepts to personal or professional situations from this course? How did the theory or concept help in the situation?
- What is the most valuable thing you learned in this course? Did anything presented in the course surprise you?
- What course concepts were the most challenging for you?
Discussion 3 (Psyc 4900)
Take the time to consider what you have studied and accomplished throughout the psychology program. Reflect on the major areas of psychology and the course competencies you reviewed in this course. Create an initial post that addresses the following about the areas of psychology covered in the program:
- Review the course competencies. How has your work in this course enhanced your level of skill in mastering these competencies?
- Reflect on and discuss how the competencies you have mastered will be valuable in your career.
- Discuss the career you are interested in pursuing and how it has the potential to impact society for the better.
- Describe your overall Capella experience as a Capella graduate.