There are a few theories under the psychodynamic perspective, and they have their similarities and differences in regard to how they explain behavior. This assignment will allow you to see these differences as you discuss an individual’s behavior through a theoretical lens.
Read the Psychodynamic Theory Scenario.
Select 1 of the following theories to apply to the individual in this scenario:
- Alfred Adler: individual psychology
- Carl Jung: analytical psychology
- Erik Erikson: post-Freudian theory
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that discusses how this theory explains the behavior of the individual in the scenario. Include the following:
- A description of the main concepts within the theory
- An explanation of how the main concepts of the theory may apply to the individual
- A description of the ways this theory explains this individual’s personality well and where it falls short
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.