Therapy can be the vehicle to assist a person in achieving their level of potential fulfillment. Psychologists and other health care professionals are most successful when they work with clients to reduce discrepancies between self-image (how a person sees themselves) and ideal self (what a person would like to become).
According to Rogers, psychotherapy requires three conditions to be effective:
- Compatibility between the therapist and client
- Unconditional positive regard for the client
- A therapist who listens with empathy
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- If you were a therapist, how would you create an optimal environment for therapy?
- How would you manage the therapeutic relationship to ensure all three conditions are met?
- How does your response support a humanist approach to therapy?
- Based on your reading, do you think you could incorporate this type of interaction with others in your daily life? Why or why not?
Please no plagiarism and cite any sources or references