According to Allport’s trait theory, all people are unique, with personalities that grow and differ. To demonstrate this, he designated personality traits into three tiers: cardinal, central, and secondary.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Select a notable or well-known public figure (past or present) and construct a profile of the individual by illustrating how they embody the three tiers of personality traits.
- Cardinal traits: What are the passions, goals, or obsessions that are most dominant in this person? How have they contributed to this person’s motivations or accomplishments?
- Central traits: If you were to write a letter of recommendation for this person, which traits would you emphasize?
- Secondary traits: Describe traits the public maybe aware of, but that are not fundamental to understanding this person’s impact.
- Do you agree or disagree with Allport’s belief that psychoanalysis and/or behavioral theories are not enough to describe this person’s personality? Why or why not?
Use APA format to cite references to any resources that you use to support your answer.