Baer, D., Wolf, M., & Risley, T. Some current dimensions of applied behavior analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 1(1):91–97. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC131098…
In the Baer et al. article (in Unit 2 Reading), the authors described the necessary characteristics of applied behavioral interventions. These characteristics shine a light on the differences between the experimental and applied analysis of behavior.
Please respond to the following:
- List the seven dimensions of applied behavior analysis and provide a description of each.
- Explain how each “dimension” guides your interpretation of behavioral research.
- The results of various research studies are often announced on cable news stations, on the Internet, in popular magazines, and even in infomercials. Reflecting on a recent research study that has been reported:
- Apply the seven dimensions of applied behavior analysis to your interpretation of the results.
- Did it meet the criteria for good research? Explain your answer.
- How could the application of all, or some, of the seven dimensions of applied behavior analysis result in a more valid study?