Hello! This is a PHL2010 assignment answering 6 short answer questions in regards to introduction of philosophy. All 6 short answers must be the length of half a page and double spaced. I have a document posted with the directions and the 10 available prompts to choose from, like I said you only need to answer 6 of 10 prompts of your choice. If you have any other questions please ask me! Thank you ?
Write a half-page double-spaced response to ONLY six of the following prompts. (Do not write on more than six, as only the first six responses will be read.}
- Explain the central principle of utilitarianism. Explain Kant’s categorial imperative. Give a scenario involving an action that would be permissible according to utilitarianism but impermissible according to the categorical imperative.
- Explain Euthyphro’s Dilemma. Give two examples of authorities (besides God or gods) that also fall afoul of this dilemma.
- Political philosophy. Explain Rawls’s two principles of justice. Does either principle require society to institute affirmative action? Why or why not?
- Explain Bell’s standard account of aesthetic experience. Give as convincing a counterexample as you can to this account. Which condition does it refute?
- Give a novel Gettier case. What does this show about the standard JTB account of knowledge?
- Suppose your friend plays the lottery and constantly says “I can never know that I won’t win.” Give an account of knowledge that supports this claim, without claiming total skepticism about the future.
- Philosophy of mind. Suppose you are watching a tv show in which there are real ghosts. Give three different ways of understanding their metaphysical nature.
- Explain Nussbaum’s cognitive theory of emotion. What kind of emotions does she take as paradigmatic?
- Explain logical positivism and why it was considered a threat to the possibility of metaphysics.
- Philosophy of religion. Explain the problem of evil as a trilemma.