You are a newly hired operations manager for Hospital XYZ. You are required to:
- Review the current hiring practices for nurses working in the emergency room department.
- Investigate recent patient complaints concerning bad bedside manner from nurses in labor and delivery.
- Review financial requests for Environmental Services to purchase new buffers to wax floors.
- Review Information Technology’s concerns regarding a possible information breach.
- Review request for implementation of new software in the radiology department.
Develop a mind map to create a visual document to determine your approach to these tasks. How would you determine how to prioritize your tasks? Who are the stakeholders in each of these scenarios? Is there a need for project management? If so why?
- Provide support in the form of in-text citations from a minimum of three scholarly articles. These sources should not be more than 3-5 years old. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but one must be external.
- All citations and references must conform to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). The CSU-Global library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these references.
Langabeer, J. R., & Helton, J. (2016). Healthcare operations management: A systems perspective (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN-13: 978-1284050066