You are required to perform a SWOT analysis on two different companies for this research paper. The companies you choose to do your research on should be companies you wish to work for after graduating., for this assignment, I am a business administration major student, and want to find a job according to my major.
Logic behind this research: Many of us go into interviews without having a strong foundation/knowledge about the company we want to work for. This research paper (SWOT analysis), will give you an excellent amount of information about the companies you wish to work for which in return will help you in an interview. You will go into the interview knowledgable and confident about the company.
Part 1: Annotated bibliography ( due week 5, has already done, ignore this part. )
Five distinct sources are required per company – e.g. the company website counts only as 1 source, even if you use several different articles from that 1 website. For each company, you would only have 1 Marketline resource. Marketline is a required source for this paper.
Part 2: Career Research Report
For this report, you will research and analyze two companies, which you may want to target in your future job searches, and you will determine which company (one, both or neither) you would prefer to work for. The paper should be approximately 1700 maximum words and follow the guidelines for an analytical report, focusing on conclusions and recommendations.
Because most of the information that will be presented in the report will be from secondary sources, you must follow the APA guidelines for in-text citations, and reference list, as well as the use of headings.
Report Sections (Italicized sections** are the “body” of the report, i.e. the content; these would be used in the outline):
- Cover Page
- Table of contents
- **Introduction – Present the reason why the report is being written, the nature of the opportunity you are facing, the scope of your research, sources of materials and what conclusion you reached (direct approach). This is a brief statement about which company you preferred as your number 1 choice of an employer. (There are several possible conclusions you might draw – you prefer 1 of the companies over another; or both companies are appealing to you; or neither company meets your requirements.) You will also forecast what you will be writing about in the rest of your paper.
- **Company Evaluations – In this section, you will present your evidence. You will report for each company the following:
- Company Background and History
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, threats) Each part has to have its own paragraph with proper in-text citation.
- **Conclusion –Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of each company and give your final reasons for choosing one company over the other.
- **Next Steps – What will be your next steps in following up on this report as you begin planning for your career. What do you need to do to be ready to begin your job search and choose a company.
- Reference page – following APA guidelines
Word count required for this assignment must be met. (see course syllabus)
Report length alone will not necessarily result in a high or low score. Your in-depth research, details and finding provided for your audience, along with the correct citation will factor your grad