You need to be aware of the intertwining nature of management and leadership as you look for a management position. Traditionally, leadership is viewed as a subset of management. Management without leadership lacks inspiration to drive change. Employers generally include management skills and leadership expectations within job applications and descriptions.
- Open your web browser and search for a management position within health care. You can also search in your local newspaper or job board. Use the following keywords when completing your search online:
- “management positions in health care”
- “health care administrator positions”
- “health care management”
- Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary that addresses the following:
- Using the job description or requirements of the jobs you searched, explain the skills and characteristics required for each of the following:
- Identify keywords found within the job posting that represent a management skill or characteristic.
- Identify keywords found within the job posting that represent a leadership skill or characteristic.
- Include details about the position and where you found the one you are reviewing in this paper.
- Explain what characteristics are found in a leader.
- What are the traits of an effective leader?
- How do these traits support you in becoming an effective leader in a management position?
- Examine the relationship between personal characteristics and effective leadership.
- How does an individual’s perspective influence their leadership style?
- Please be sure to specifically identify the job you researched and include the source if appropriate.
- Format your paper according to APA guidelines including things such as cover page, references, citations, and use headings to organize your thoughts and provide structure for your paper.
- Submit your assignment.
Content – 60
Org/Dev – 20
Mechanics – 20
Total – 100
Please note that excessive mechanical and grammatical errors will impact the points earned for content as well as mechanics.