- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 65
- Submitting a text entry box or a file upload
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
Managed care can be very confusing for patients. It can be hard to understand what plans are available, what plans cover, and what plans offer to consumers. Create a patient cheat sheet that highlights the important components of three managed care plans.
- Create a graphical patient cheat-sheet to highlight the key points of managed care plans (HMO, PPO, and POS) as well as the limitations and exclusions of the plans.
- Use the readings from this unit as reference material, citing at least two specifically in your work.
- For each managed care plan provide information the details for each of the following categories:
- Costs (e.g., copay, deductible, premium, etc.)
- Coverage Limitations and/or Exclusions
- Flexibility (in choosing services and providers: require PCP, referral, pre-authorization, out-of-network?)
- Pre-existing conditions considerations
- Other categories deemed necessary
- Select how to graphically display the information. Options include PowerPoint presentation, a table in Word, Venn Diagram, organizational chart, etc.)
For help with working in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, see the tutorials in the links below:
- Microsoft Office. (2017). PowerPoint 2013 videos and tutorials (Links to an external site.) [Website].
HC333 – Patient Cheat Sheet
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent: Graphic||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGraphic presentation||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTechnical Requirements||
|Total Points: 65.0|