The Technology Briefing has a deliverable: a written briefing on a current/emerging technology that may impact organizations now or in the near future.
Avoid topics where you already have significant expertise. Select one of the topics below, then conduct research on the topic online, using library databases, articles, blogs, co-workers/interviews, etc.
- The written report should only be approximately about 2-3 pages in length. A lengthy report (more than 3 pages) will result in the loss of points.
Try to make the briefing something that may be useful to other students in the class. Preferably something fun, entertaining, that will teach others something specific about the topic. Please note that the topics below may have significant overlap with one another. Some are different takes/terms related to the same topic.
- Big Data / Big Data Analytics/ Business Intelligence/Data Mining/ Data Visualization / Dashboards,
- Real-time data analytics/ In-Memory Computing
- Blockchain Role in Supply Chain Management
- Blockchain in Accounting/Auditing
- The Internet of Things (iot) Platforms
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Cloud Computing / X as a Service (Software, Platform, Infrastructure) / Data Centers / Storage
A few websites, articles, and reports to help get you started exploring the trends:
Deloitte. Tech Trends 2018. https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/insights/us/articles/Tech-Trends-2018/4109_TechTrends-2018_FINAL.pdf
Forbes. Top Tech Trends In 2019: 11 Experts Detail What You Need To Watch: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/12/20/top-tech-trends-in-2019-11-experts-detail-what-you-need-to-watch/#1afceb4