M2A1: CULTURAL IDENTITY AND HUMILITY REFLECTIVE ESSAY
In this assignment, you will apply content from last week’s assigned website for this assignment: Project Implicit (Links to an external site.)
Last week, you read several assigned pages from the Project Implicit (Links to an external site.) website and gained a sense of the Impact projects and the tests being offered. Click the test link, read the advisory message, and then take at least one test of your choice.
You will use the results of your test(s) to complete your brief self-reflection paper. Your responses will only be viewed by the faculty.
- Which test did you take? Why did you choose this test?
- What, if anything, surprised you about the results of your test? Please explain your answer. (You do not need to disclose your actual results unless you choose to.)
- To what extent do you believe the results accurately describe you?
- Each person’s implicit bias is based upon a lifetime of experiences. How do you think you came to develop your present implicit biases? If your IAT results do not indicate a bias in your chosen area, what area do you feel you might be most prone to bias and why?
- Thinking about your experiences completing this self-awareness experience, as well as the 10 Lenses activity from last week, what have you learned about yourself as a result? Do you see a connection between this type of self-reflection and cultural humility? Why/why not?
This essay is a self-reflection and does not require formal APA format and citations, unless you include material from another author. Your essay should be 2-4 double spaced pages long.
This course has Turnitin fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.
Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers. Use your Originality Report as a learning tool to identify areas of your assignment that you may not have cited appropriately. You may resubmit your assignment through this dropbox as many times as you need to check to see if you have made improvements, until the due date of the assignment. However, once you have made your first submission, you will need to wait 24 hours after each subsequent submission to receive a new Originality Report. Plan accordingly as you draft your assignment. Once the due date has passed, your assignment submission will be considered final.
The following resources may assist you in writing your essay.
This assignment is worth 10% of your overall grade and will be evaluated according to the HSC320 Self-Reflection Rubric. Please review this rubric carefully before completing your assignment.
Completion of this assignment assesses the following outcomes
- (CO3) Examine own perspectives and the perspectives of others as they relate to people with different cultural beliefs.