Unit VII Essay
- Weight: 12% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Monday 05/11/2020 11:59 PM (CST)
Marketing Plan: Part III
Throughout this course, you have been compiling a comprehensive marketing plan using one of the product/service scenarios listed in the Unit II assignment. (Note: You should have been using the same scenario for Parts I–III.)
This unit’s submission should consist of the items listed below.
- This section of the marketing plan should include a description of the products and services offered to the consumer. Remember that this product section should also identify services, warranties, and installation features. Additionally, brand, logo, and other identifying characteristics should be discussed in this section as they encompass part of the product offering.
- Examine whether your company has a competitive advantage relative to its product offering (i.e., only address the product here).
- This section of the marketing plan should explain the entire distribution channel (see Unit VII Lesson). As a reminder, this is the flow of the product from the manufacturer or creator of the product/service to the final consumer (the entire process—not just the retailer at the end of the process). Describe a physical facility associated with your company. This can be a unique manufacturing or distribution center, retailer, or even a merchandising technique. The idea here is to describe what it looks like to the consumer and the value that this atmosphere brings to the buying experience.
- Examine whether your company has a competitive advantage relative to its place offering (i.e., only address place or distribution here).
- This section of the marketing plan should describe the pricing strategies used by your company. Include theoretical aspects of pricing (see Unit VII Lesson) in your discussion here.
- Examine whether your company has a competitive advantage relative to its pricing strategies (i.e., only address pricing here).
- This section of the marketing plan should address the promotional methods used by your company. This should not only include social media/Internet marketing but also traditional marketing and advertising used (e.g., personal selling, advertising, sales promotion, publicity).
- Examine whether your company has a competitive advantage relative to its promotional strategies (i.e., only address promotion here).
Ensure you provide an introduction for this assignment that is engaging and provides a clear background to the purpose of the assignment. The format of the submission should be in essay format using subheadings. Use APA format. Additionally, you need to include a minimum of five sources, three of which must be peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old. The submission should be a minimum of three pages in length (not counting the title and reference pages).