All the information you need is in the paper, the only change is the length. I need 2 pages double spaced
WRITING ASSIGNMENT #2:
The damaged Brain
DUE TUESDAY, 5TH BY 945AM
Damage to the brain can be acquired (i.e. traumatic brain injury, hypoxia, etc.) or organic (i.e. delirium,
dementia, epilepsy, etc.). For this writing assignment, you are to demonstrate your understanding of the
brain when there is damage (acquired or organic).
Using an individual as reference (e.g. American football player; character in a movie, book, or tv series;
• describe the type of damage (i.e. diagnosis, definition of and research on);
• report the symptoms and/or evidence (i.e. PET scan, EEG, etc.) that confirm the diagnosis;
• and indicate the damage to cognitive processes (e.g. memory loss, language expression, etc.) this
individual likely experienced(s).
• Describe how the individual is treated based on the diagnosis and/or symptoms (if this individual
or character predates modern treatments, state how they would likely be treated today).
• State the likely prognosis for an individual with this damage (if the prognosis has changed in the
research and/or history, describe the changes).
• Finally, describe the best treatment options for an individual with this type of damage (from both
Western medicine and alternate medicine). If there are salient cultural factors that may alter
treatment, highlight those (e.g. a Jehovah witness preparing for brain surgery is prohibited from
the use of someone else’s blood for a transfusion, if needed; as it is against their faith).
• Worth 25 points (12.5% of your overall grade).
• Essay style format; meaning, there should be an introduction, body, and conclusion.
• Minimum of 1 page and Maximum of 3 pages; single-spaced; 12-point font; Blackboard