Web-Based Research Paper:
Each student will write a brief paper using web-based research on a company of your choice, i.e., any company (public, private, for/non-profit, etc.) with a website
. ▪ The body of the paper should be one-page, single spaced with 12 point font (papers longer or shorter than one page will be penalized).
▪ The paper shall also have a Cover page and a References page.
▪ The paper must be well written in paragraph format and should be both spell-checked and “clarity-checked”.
▪ The paper must include the name of the company, description of the business, primary goods/services, location of headquarters, the internet address and why you selected this particular company
▪ The paper must also address at least two (2) Operations Management topics as listed in the course outline. Some examples are listed below:
▪ What are the competitive dimensions and the competitive positioning of the company?
▪ What type of production and/or service processes does the company utilize?
▪ What is the company’s approach to social responsibility?
▪ What is the company’s approach to outsourcing and/or offshoring?
▪ What is the company’s approach to sustainability?
▪ You must also include three (3) questions that you would ask if you had an interview with the company.