Write a short essay for each question. (About 300 words for each)
1. Discuss the three E’s of nutrition. Explain how PDIs fit into the three E’s of nutrition.
2. Describe the significance of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins on health and performance? What are general recommendations for each macronutrient intake? How does body type, health status, and performance goals influence these recommendations?
3. Explain the difference between micronutrients and macronutrients. What role do micronutrients play in maintaining and optimizing health and performance? What are common micronutrient deficiencies seen in athletes?
4. Describe the path of food through the digestive system and explain each organ’s role in the digestive process. What are some factors that influence digestion?
5. Perform a body composition assessment on a subject using one of the methods outlined in Unit 14. Discuss the methodology you used, including possible deviations that could have occurred during testing. Then identify the somatotype of your subject and provide a macronutrient split recommendation for your subject based on his/her somatotype. Explain why you feel that the macronutrient split you provided is appropriate for your client.