1. TMA must be written in ESSAY (discussion) format, BULLETS and NUMBERING to be avoided. Avoid writing TMA in first person tense. E.g. “I suggest that …” or “I am going to discuss…” etc.
2. Word count should be exact with 10% (More/less) tolerance.
3. You must acknowledge all sources of information using full Harvard Style Referencing (In-text referencing plus list of references at the end) Minimum of 5 references are required. MUST include E-library and course materials.
4. Wikipedia is not recommended as a reference.
Please Note that this particular TMA is meant to respond to recommendations given by EE to encourage and develop greater critical analytical skills especially at level 6, by encouraging the students to read more widely; the greater use of comparative case studies; and encouraging part-time students to reflect on the application of the theories discussed to their own workplace
-This TMA variedly draws from chapters 2, 3, 4,5,6 & 7. It consists of Three (3) questions and accounts for 50% of the total grade assigned to the course. TMA will be graded out of 100 marks.
N.B: Your grade will be subject to grade deductions if you did not comply with the following criteria:
- Proper referencing (Harvard referencing) – Deductions could be up to 5 grades.
- In-text referencing- Deductions could be up to 5 grades.
- Adherence to specified word count – Deductions could be up to 5 grades.
- Use of the E-library/External resources – Deductions could be up to 5 grades.
– In this TMA, you need to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the importance of the internal business workings. In short, the case provides an opportunity for an investigation of the entire arc of strategic management, with special attention to how strategies are formulated under uncertain and evolving conditions and how can a company create competitive advantages in the marketplace that are not only unique and valuable but also difficult for competitors to copy or substitute.
-In your answer, you should show critical, analytical and justification skills of the subject matter, rather than mere description.
-You should present a well-structured and organized piece of work that is of your own creation.