TASK – 1
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- You are working as a manager of a financial planning office where you require your employees to have a presence on social media. One of your financial advisors posts to his Twitter account that he needs $500 to pay his rent for the month. Would you punish him? Why or why not ?
- Discuss why employees who are committed will be less likely to engage in work withdrawal even if they are dissatisfied.
Write at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced).
TASK – 2
1. Most of the research in OB has been concerned with three attitudes: job satisfaction, job involvement, and organizational commitment. Explain the difference between these attitudes?
2. Jeff is a new designer for an engineering firm. He earns $75,000 a year. He must be at the office Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00. His wife attends all their children’s school events. His job is stressful, and if a project is due, he often works weekends and sometimes holidays, although from home. How would you compare Clara and Jeff’s levels of job satisfaction? Describe how you would measure their satisfaction and name at least three major job attitudes that play a part in each of their satisfaction levels
3. Explain “workforce diversity.” What key managerial skill do you think is most important when dealing with workforce diversity?
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to organizational behavior. This does not mean blogs or websites. This source should be a published article in a scholarly journal. This source should provide substance and not just be mentioned briefly to fulfill this criteria. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not use quotes. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used