Journal: Connecting to Your Dissertation—Searching for Literature
For this week’s Journal Assignment, you will consider insights you have gained from your library search process (which you completed for this week’s Discussion) and how you can apply these insights to your dissertation research process within your specific program of study. Remember that only your Instructor will see your Journal entries.
To prepare for this Journal:
- Consider how you can apply what you reviewed this week on the process of searching for literature to your dissertation research process within your specific program of study.
- Review Chapter 3, “Selecting a Topic and Identifying Literature for Review” (pp. 17–28), in the Galvan text.
- Review Chapter 9, “Dissertation Chapter 2: Literature Review” (pp. 84–88), in the Stadtlander text.
- Review the web resource “Searching and Finding Information in the Library Databases.”
For this week’s Journal entry, respond to the following:
- What are some key words you can use to start searching the literature for your dissertation? What databases would be appropriate? Why would they be appropriate?