Review the following non-grant writing major fundraising streams: Traditional Giving (i.e.: Major Gifts), Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Special Events (i.e.: Walkathon); and Corporate Development (i.e.: Sponsorship). Using the Week 1 SWOT Analysis APA template attached form, conduct a SWOT Analysis of each activity. Be sure to include implications and effects of both COVID-19 pandemic and the racial divide (pros and cons) of each.
- Cite at least one source per stream and provide an example from your Fund Development Plan Organization of each activity.
- Use the attached Week 1 SWOT Analysis APA template.
- Include a cover sheet, narrative following the SWOT only IF/AS needed to elaborate, in-text citations where appropriate and reference page.
- This assignment is worth 5% of your total grade
Resources for Assessment:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXYI10Po6A (Links to an external site.)
This activity is matched to the following Learning Outcomes: Students will examine critical fund development issues facing today’s nonprofits. Review and evaluate an agency’s existing fund development program elements with their fellow classmates. Discuss past elements and their success of an agency’s overall fund development plan. Create a return on investment model for future elements of a development plan for longevity and relevance of the programs to an agency’s mission. Prepare and submit various special events, direct mail/online and leadership giving elements for class review and evaluation. The student will review historical funding sources and determine future interest areas and niche development opportunities to support a nonprofit agency.
Prepare written work using the appropriate APA style.