From the web article The 30 Most Disturbing Human Experiments in History, each member of your group should select an experiment and find any published literature on that experiment. Using the ATSU IRB document Information for investigators in preparation of human research protocols for IRB review, discuss which areas of the document your chosen experiment would violate if it were proposed to the IRB today.
What, if any, aspects of your proposed research study might be potential areas of ethical consideration? How could you avoid the ethical problem(s)?
For this discussion:
2. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using biostatistics, informatics, computer-based programming and software, as appropriate.
3. Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy, or practice.
4. Discuss the means by which structural bias, social inequities, and racism undermine health and create challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community, and societal levels.
1. Discuss ethical issues related to research studies.
Core Professional Attributes:
1. ATSU: Interprofessional Collaboration
2. ATSU: Critical Thinking